Part of my process is to rely on a lot of different cleaning books and sometimes videos. I get one or two ideas from each one and it’s just generally a big help to me in gaining inspiration for my organizing. Most of them are also really funny, which makes them an enjoyable read.
Some of them, I’ve even reviewed elsewhere on my blog – those ones have links on them.
- Sink Reflections by Flylady (Marla Cilley)
- The Messies Manual/Living with a Messy by Sandra Felton
- Throw Out Fifty Things by Gail Blanke
- Speed Cleaning by the San Francisco Clean Team
- Body Clutter by Flylady (this is her weight loss book)
- It’s All Too Much by Peter Walsh
- Never Check E-mail in the Morning by Julie Morgenstern
- SHED – When Organizing Isn’t Enough by Julie Morgenstern
I think reading books like this a couple of times per year serves a couple of purposes. It doesn’t just give you new ideas for cleaning and organizing, but it also puts you in the right mindframe to want to keep up your good intentions. It’s almost a mild form a brain washing and I figure my brain needs washing – as frequently as possible.
Image courtesy of imagerymajestic at FreeDigitalPhotos.net