I am headed out next week for a Western Caribbean cruise with some of my blogger buddies including the divine Six Sisters from the recipe site Six Sisters Stuff. I’ve been on several cruises over the years, so I’ve learned what does and doesn’t work and I wanted to share some of my BEST tips with my wonderful readers.
Disclosure: Some of these items contain affiliate links. If you click through any purchase any of them, I will receive a small commision at no charge to you.
Here is a list of items I bring along for my cruises. I hope they will work as well for you! Regardless if this is your first cruise or your eighth, there is always something NEW to learn.
Don’t worry about writing them all down – at the end, I have a downloadable list that you can print out and tuck into your suitcase!
1. Chargers for all your devices, plus a small powerstrip to plug them into.
2. A lanyard with pockets for your cruise card, money, ID, and credit cards. I got one at a bloggers conference years ago and I’ve used it on every cruise since. It even has room for a small map of the ship and a few breath mints.
3. An over-the-door shoe organizer. Very handy for toiletries, camera accessories, cruise papers, kids toys, or even shoes!
4. A small supply of basic medicines. Think Pepto Bismol, Tylenol, motion sickness pills, Imodium, etc. They are very expensive to purchase on board. You don’t want to go to medical unless you are dying! I promise you, it will be your most expensive doctor’s visit ever.
5. Think about packing some Post-it notes. I use them to leave little cheery notes for my cabin steward (to receive even better service!), leave notes for my companions (I’m up by the pool or on the Lido deck), or just to jot down reminders to myself (Set alarm before bed for our early excursion tomorrow).
6. A highlighter is very helpful for marking your daily activity schedule. If you’ve never seen a daily ship’s schedule, it’s got maybe 40 or 50 activities spread over the whole day, so I would usually sit down after dinner and mark out the things I wanted to be sure to catch.
for the next batch of helpful tips
Pages: 1 2 3 4